Effective immediately, golfers will have the option to ride two to a cart on all rental golf carts. For the time being, we still recommend single rider golf carts but the choice is yours. Golf carts will continue to be disinfected after each use.
Golf AT LAST! The Waverly Municipal Golf Course and Pro Shop are set to open Friday, May 1st. With the expiration of the Governors previous mandate, we are able to operate in a somewhat normal manner. However, while Bremer County is still subject to further regulation, please understand that the following policies will be STRICTLY enforced:
-No more than 2 customers will be permitted in the pro shop at a time. Only bathroom access will be through the north Country Club doors.
-Players must remain 6 feet apart at all times (social distancing).
-For rental carts, only 1 rider per cart is permitted unless the riders reside within the same household.
-On the green, leave the pin in at all times.
-Bunker rakes, ball washers, club washers, and other high touch items have all been removed from the course.
-Tee times have been spaced out, as groups need to maintain distance. 1 group on the green, 1 group on the tee.
-No gatherings of any type will be permitted pre or post round.
-IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME.
Pro shop staff will continue to keep golfers safe as we work diligently to sanitize golf carts, pro shop, and other high touch areas. Golfers wishing to avoid the pro shop may take advantage of over the phone payments. Please understand that golf is a safe outdoor activity as long as you the golfer takes social distancing seriously. See you soon!
PRO SHOP HOURS: 8 AM – 6:30 PM
BOOK A TEE TIME –> https://waverlygolf.teesnap.net/
This morning Governor Reynolds expanded restrictions on recreation and leisure activities. In response, the Waverly Golf Course will be closed April 17th through April 30th.
Please stay tuned as we will continue to update you on any further developments, but at this time we intend and look forward to seeing you all again on Friday, May 1st. STAY SAFE!
Although Governor Reynolds extended closures to many Iowa businesses, golf courses will be allowed remain open. The Waverly Golf Course will remain open as long as we are allowed to do so as it is our mission to offer a safe outdoor activity during these hard times. The following procedures will be effective immediately in order to further ensure safety for golfers and staff alike:
- Only 2 people will be allowed in the pro shop at any one time.
- The only access to restrooms will be through the North Country Club door (not through the pro shop).
- Recommended 1 rider per cart is now mandatory with the exception of immediate family members.
- Golfers will not be allowed to congregate on the premises pre or post round.
Please continue to follow our original safety recommendations:
- Players should remain 6 feet apart at all times (social distancing).
- Walking will continue to remain the safest practice at this time.
- On the green, leave the pin in at all times.
- Refrain from picking up random golf balls, tees, etc.
- Bunker rakes, ball washers, and other on course amenities have been removed.
- Pre and post round handshakes or fist bumps should be avoided as we practice social distancing.
- Lastly, and most importantly, if you are sick PLEASE STAY HOME. We are doing everything in our power to create a safe environment for our golfers and we ask for your help maintaining this environment.