Although Governor Reynolds extended closures to many Iowa businesses, golf courses will be allowed remain open. The Waverly Golf Course will remain open as long as we are allowed to do so as it is our mission to offer a safe outdoor activity during these hard times. The following procedures will be effective immediately in order to further ensure safety for golfers and staff alike:
- Only 2 people will be allowed in the pro shop at any one time.
- The only access to restrooms will be through the North Country Club door (not through the pro shop).
- Recommended 1 rider per cart is now mandatory with the exception of immediate family members.
- Golfers will not be allowed to congregate on the premises pre or post round.
Please continue to follow our original safety recommendations:
- Players should remain 6 feet apart at all times (social distancing).
- Walking will continue to remain the safest practice at this time.
- On the green, leave the pin in at all times.
- Refrain from picking up random golf balls, tees, etc.
- Bunker rakes, ball washers, and other on course amenities have been removed.
- Pre and post round handshakes or fist bumps should be avoided as we practice social distancing.
- Lastly, and most importantly, if you are sick PLEASE STAY HOME. We are doing everything in our power to create a safe environment for our golfers and we ask for your help maintaining this environment.